Since 2016, Prosecco lovers across the globe have celebrated “National Prosecco Day,” a holiday created especially for those who enjoy the most popular sparkling wine in the world.
Next Tuesday, August 13, restaurants across the UK will be serving Prosecco by-the-glass and retailers will be featuring sales and special pricing on their favourite wines.
And wine lovers will also be joining in on the fun by serving their favourite Prosecco at home, sharing the wines with friends and loved ones.
What are you doing to celebrate this year?
Here are some recommendations.
1. Try serving Prosecco in a white wine glass instead of a flute. The broader glass will help make the wine’s aromas richer and the bubbles more lively.
2. Prepare a classic Venetian dish, like a seafood risotto or pasta with shellfish, to share with friends. Nothing goes better with Prosecco than traditional Venetian cooking.
3. Experiment with a different national cuisine as a pairing for Prosecco. We love Indian and Asian cuisine with La Gioiosa Prosecco. But fish and chips are another favourite pairing.
4. Make your favourite sparkling wine cocktail with La Gioiosa Prosecco. A wine cocktail is only as good as the wine you use to make it. So make it the best!
5. Chill a bottle of La Gioiosa Prosecco to enjoy with that someone special in your life. Pair with freshly cut fruit and whipped cream for dipping.
Here at La Gioiosa Prosecco UK, every day is National Prosecco Day, of course! But we look forward to the holiday every year because it’s a wonderful occasion for people across the UK to experience the joy of La Gioiosa Prosecco!